Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Reflection Process :]

From the PT, I have learnt to analyse my diet and my daily intake of nutrients. By using tools on the HPB website, I can analyse how much calories I need daily (the Portion Sizing Tool System and the Calorie Counter ) and the total amount of nutrients and energy consumed. This can help me to track my diet and make it easier for me to modify my diet to make it healthier.
I have also learnt to eat a healthy meal in order for my body to receive a sufficient amount of nutrients it needs daily, and as such, learnt more about my diet. From this activity I can tell that my diet is not very healthy. I consume junk food as snacks in between meals when I am hungry. By using the 'Energy and Nutrient Composition of Foods' tool on HPB, I can find out alternatives which would make a healthier meal, but would satisfy my hunger all the same. Such as, instead of drinking the strawberry smoothie, I could drink mango juice instead. It is a healthier choice, as shown in the table below.



I have also learnt that my eating habits are not very good, as as I have mentioned, I consume junk food between meals. However, one good thing about my diet is that I eat fruits frequently, after my having my dinner.

The one dish meal that I have suggested is healthier as it does not contain as much cholesterol, carbohydrate and fat. Eating too much cholesterol will increase my cholesterol levels, which will make me more susceptible to illnesses such as stroke and heart attacks. Similarly, consuming too much carbohydrates and fats will also lead to a higher susceptibility to diseases and also cause me to gain weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment